While a proper skin-care regimen can work wonders for ensuring that your makeup wears flawlessly throughout the day, the primer is the real key to getting your makeup to perform the way it should and the way you would like.
- Prepping your skin is VERY important. Start by cleansing, exfoliating and moisturize your skin for best results.
- Primer should be applied before the foundation so start by taking in raisin-sized amount of primer on your fingertips. Start from your nose area and go all over your face. Blend in well.
- Go for a tinted primer if you feel your skin is dull and you want it to look healthy and glowy!
- Apply primer around the eyes to prevent your makeup from smudging in or creasing as the primer will absorb oils.
- Wait a few minutes after application, before you go in with your foundation, to allow the primer to sink in and create a smooth surface.
- Foundation and primer always needs to be compatible with each other. Your base needs to be perfect so if you are going for a water-based foundation then you must go for water based primer.
Whether or not you want to use the primer depends totally on you. You may feel that primer is not really necessary for your skin or applying it doesn’t make any difference to your complexion. Whichever the case is, make sure you do your research and get recommendations before you make a choice.