Foundation is key to get a smooth and blemish free skin. During winters, when your face feels dry, patchy and irritable, it often becomes harder to apply foundation without looking cakey and flaky. Here are some useful tips to make skin look great, even during the colder months.
- Moisturizing is the key.
- After taking a shower and before applying foundation moisturize your skin deeply. Let the moisturizer sit in for 5 mins and then start applying your foundation. The skin will look hydrated and shiny and the makeup will stay for long.
- Swap out your primer.
- If you have a dry skin, a hydrating primer will make your foundation look much better during these cold times.
- Use a cream formula instead of powder.
- Use cream foundations for a smooth application and it also tends to hold moisture for long and makes your skin look hydrated.
- Argan oil has some hydrating benefits for dry skin. It is a high source of vitamin E. So mixing a little bit of Argan oil with your foundation can do wonders in winters!
- Use a dampened Beauty blender to apply foundation. Pat the foundation into your skin instead of rubbing it. A damp beauty blender will blend well, help reduce dryness and flakiness during winters.